Marketing Insider Group unwrap the 10 Digital Marketing Trends for 2020
By Michael Brenner
The marketing trends that will dominate in the next 12 months will include: Customer Experience, Employee Engagement, and Content Visualization.
The definition of what we consider as “marketing” is constantly changing and becoming broader.
Marketing has moved beyond branding and advertising; marketers must work together with other departments to focus on building great customer experiences and engaging them for long-term relationships.
1. Customer Experience - 73% of people say that customer experience is an important factor
2. Employee Engagement - 46% of consumers will abandon a brand if its employees are not knowledgeable
3. Visualization - posts with images produce 180% more engagement
4. Personalisation - 80% of consumers said that they’d be more likely to do business with a brand that provides a personalized experience
5. Strategic Marketing Transformation - for companies to succeed in 2020, they’ll have to think beyond what they’re doing and link everything back to the why
6. SERP Position Zero & Featured Snippets - Over 60% of search results returned by Google are now position zero search results.
7. Voice Search - 61% of those aged 25–64 who already use a voice device intend to use it more in the future
8. AI-Based Automation - Will 2020 be the year of the rise of the robots? Maybe (but hopefully not in the Terminator-style of dystopian science fiction movies!)
9. Focus on Customer Retention, Loyalty and Advocacy - Happy customers make great (and free!) brand ambassadors and influencers.
10. Live Video - The live video industry is expected to be worth over $70 billion by 2021
Read the full article by Michael Brennar here